From antique curio and craft shops, delis and gift emporiums to aesthetics and barbers’ shops – there’s plenty of excuses for a leisurely shopping trip in Tarporley.
Did you know that there are several clothing shops in Tarporley that sell everything from high-end ladieswear to apparel for hunting, shooting, and fishing? It’s fair to say that our picturesque village has become something of a retail therapy destination in the local Cheshire area. Shopping in Tarporley, and of course, supporting small local outlets provides an interesting alternative to the crowded city high streets and yet offers a genuine choice for the fashion cognoscenti.
We’ve asked our team at The Swan, and here are some of your options of things to do in Tarporley, all of which are within walking distance of our pub. Ideal for overnight guests who fancy giving their car a holiday too.
40 Things To Do In Tarporley
- Si Belle is another women’s designer fashion boutique in Tarporley that ensures you step out in style.
- LOLA is an independent ladies boutique with an ageless, timeless, classic, and contemporary style.
- Caran D’ache Ladies Boutique provides affordable, unique, and up-to-the-minute styles. This store has remained on Tarporley high street for over 20 years.
- Bottega is a great all-rounder store for browsing and is not one to be missed on your tour of Tarporley.
- Dettagli offers premium menswear spread over two floors with space to sit and chat inside and outside.
- Tabernam Women’s Boutique contains the Latin for ‘shop’ but is so much more than that, here you’ll find amazing prints and colours.
- Follies of Tarporley Ladies Boutique is celebrating 30 years on the High Street and is a firm favourite with locals.
- Vivienne Rowley Fashion Boutique stocks a wide range of high-quality attire from top brands such as Basler, Gerry Weber, Betty Barclay, Michelle, and Faber to name but a few.
- Secrets At Tarporley World of Luna di Seta is a store selling 100% silk collections and the most precious natural materials.
- Sarah’s Shoes sells some fabulous designs for all occasions.
- The Vintage Charity Shop actively raises money for Tarporley War Memorial Hospital, which serves everyone in the local community.
- Baile Home is a mother-and-daughter-run ‘home interiors and gifts’ boutique.
- Seasons at 55 is an independent, family-run business, founded by Mandy and Laura who share a love of beautiful interiors.
- Tarporley Interiors is a business selling kitchens, bathrooms and electrics based in the centre of Tarporley High Street. Worth a visit if you’re looking to get stuck into a little home reno!
- Bijoux Tarporley brings unique jewellery products from the best independent brands from around the world to the High Street.
- Pink Diamond Tarporley specialises in bespoke jewellery, certificated diamonds, handmade engagement and wedding rings, repair, alteration, and valuations.
- The Craft Room Tarporley is an exciting hub of creativity in the village and surrounding community, offering a variety of classes appealing to all ages and abilities.
- Amy’s Fruit and veg store is the perfect place to visit if you’re looking for some fresh produce, perhaps one to visit on your way home after you check out after a long weekend at The Swan?
- Nestled in Chestnut Court, amongst the hustle and bustle of Tarporley high street, The Cheshire Cheese & Wine Co. boutique store sells stunning wines and cheeses from across the globe.
- The Old Fire Station Chocolate Shop and Coffee Shop is the perfect pit stop on your tour of the town, renowned for rich chocolates, all of which are handmade on site.
- Led by leading GP and highly skilled cosmetic specialist Dr Adam Cheong, Skinphinity is a well-established and highly regarded aesthetics clinic, based on the High Street in Tarporley but is also in Manchester.
- Skin Deep Beauty Salon is not just your basic beauty salon. For those coming away to The Swan for a few days to relax, you need to add a visit to your ‘to do’ list.
- Since opening, Tarporley Clinic Aesthetics have helped thousands of people on their journey towards becoming a better version of themselves.
- Femiclinics Aesthetics is a small clinic specialising in non-surgical anti-ageing skin treatments and medical treatments.
- Sophie’s Nail and Beauty is a salon in the heart of Tarporley, Cheshire offering a full range of treatments using recognised products.
- Loved Hair and Beauty Salon is an intimate, stylish hair and beauty salon located on Church Walk just off the High Street.
- OM Tarporley is a place where you can relax and unwind with a soothing Swedish massage or reinvigorate your skin with a replenishing facial… There’s something here for everyone.
- Whistles Tarporley Hair Salon is a unisex hairdresser offering a holistic approach to all aspects of hairdressing and beauty treatments, using only Organic and Cruelty-Free products.
- Le Pompadour Barber Club offers its clients a wide range of services from straight razor shaving, hair styling, beard grooming and even eyebrow trimming.
- Watson Wynne Hairdressers
- Tarporley Hair Boutique has been proudly serving customers in and around the village of Tarporley for over 5 years.
- Located in the heart of Tarporley, Hair Academy is another fabulous hair salon featured on the High Street.
- The Salon Hairdressers are brilliant! Just take a look at some of their happy clients here.
- iWear Opticians features a large well equipped testing room and separate dispensing area at the back, and retail space at the front for all your eye care needs.
- Worden Opticians specialise in prescribing and fitting the latest of lenses and sourcing the most beautifully crafted spectacle frames from some of the most exciting designers around the world.
- Instinct Gym and Wellbeing is a state-of-the-art gym and wellness centre in the heart of Tarporley, offering coaching, fitness classes, and nutritional guidance to help you unlock your true potential and achieve your fitness goals.
- SW Fitness are an established UK based fitness brand with over 10 years of experience in the industry.
- I Fitness 121
- Latte’ Da is a small, family-run coffee shop and tearoom in the heart of Tarporley, Cheshire. Serving breakfast, lunch, homemade cakes, and speciality afternoon tea.
- Ginger and Pickles Tea Room and Bakery offer incredible food in a cosy, rustic atmosphere. When you visit, make sure to leave room for their bakery selection.
There is so much to see and do in Tarporley, you might even need to come back for a second day. Save your fuel and come stay with us at The Swan. With 16 unique and individually designed rooms, you can catch some well-earned rest and return to the high street rejuvenated and ready for another day of exploring. Book your stay on our website. We hope you enjoy Tarporley!